Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 wireless DVR downloading
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grandyc

United States
58 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  12:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit grandyc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if any of you had any experience with the newer DVRs that can download video through wireless once they reach the bus compound? I think most DVR manufacturers offer this option for a higher cost but I could like to hear some real world data on it from people that are actually using it. Is it reliable, do you feel it was worth the cost?

dferrell

102 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  4:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would also like to hear about this. We have had lots of instances where the driver doesn't pay attention to the record indicator light and then they need to watch a video for something that happened and for whatever reason it didn't record. I think with the wireless download, you can schedule it to either download a "health report" or just a snippet of video to check for proper operation. We have considered installing all of the wireless stuff just to help alleviate the not recording problem.
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  05:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to sub dispatch for my home school district for a couple years. They had a wireless router in every bus and you could download video from the DVRs. It never really worked right, and they ended up disconnecting them a few years after they were installed. Interference and distance were a huge problem. The bus had to basically be parked outside the director's office to work and downloads took forever.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  07:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a neighboring school system here that is using it and they are VERY dis-satisfied. They said it takes FOREVER to do a download.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  08:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you happen to know what brand of system they are using?
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  10:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
REI
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  11:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. That's the camera provider I use, so that's good info.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000