I am back changing lift pump on 5.9 Cummins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  08:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I finally have decided to change the lift pump on a 5.9 Cummins that wouldn't start after filter change . I had heard that mthe VP44 may have puked out . So I am looking for any great ideas on how to make this easy . I went into Quick serve and got those ideas .By the way this is in a TC 2000 forward engine .

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  08:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My best Cummins tech said to take the doghouse off and do it from the top. Remove the fuel filter housing and lines and it's right there on a bracket mounted on the block. There is a gasket behind the bracket if you remove it. Removing the bracket is not necessary.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  3:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with BigPapa. I've done a few of these and they're not bad at all. There will be three 10mm nuts on top. Take those off and the lines going to the pump and it will come right out the top.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000