Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2011 BB w/ISC8.3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  1:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been hit with a check engine light with 1 active code and 6 inactive codes. The active code is a 3582(aftertreatment SCR catalyst conversion efficiency-valid but below normal operating range) and the other 6 are: 2771, 3232(both are nox sensor intake and outlet abnormal update rate) 1669(DEF tank level sensor circuit above normal or shorted to high source)1117(power supply lost with ignition on) and 2 more for coolant temp high. Not very sure where to start. Anyone have any input?

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  03:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would write them down, clear them then troubleshoot the one that pops back up first.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  04:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a note, We have had a few where wiring rubbed through along the frame above the exhaust.
Go to Top of Page

dferrell

102 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  08:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On our rear engine transits, we have had the big wire hold down break where it holds the big wire loom going into the PDU and it caused the loom to sag and ended up shorting the wire where it rubbed on the corner of the PDU bracket. If I remember right, it caused it to set the NOX sensor codes.
Also, check the nox sensor relay. I'm pretty sure it is on the same circuit as the DEF level sensor. We were getting codes 2771, 3232 & 1669 and the problem ended up being the NOX sensor relay.
Go to Top of Page

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  12:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info guys. I did notice that the cables to my battery shutoff switch were loose. I removed the switch and secured the cables. I did start checking the NOx sensor codes first, both sensors had good battery voltage at the supply wire. The relay was secure, so i'm wondering if the loose cables were my issue? I cleared the codes and went on a test drive. The engine light didn't come back on but the 3582 code was stored as inactive. I also noticed 2 of 4 brackets for the exhaust system were broken and may have been rubbing on the wire harness. I am removing the exhaust system to repair the brackets and will inspect the harness a little closer.
Go to Top of Page

scot1337

119 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  2:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I removed the exhaust system and inspected the harness. It didn't look like any of the wires were worn through. It just wore through the heat wrap. I'm wondering if I just had a loose connector from the harness, since the entire system was hanging from 2 rubber straps and the exhaust flex pipe. I replaced the exhaust support bracket, which was updated and reinforced($1,800), and cleaned the DEF injector tip. It had quite a bit of build up around it, maybe that was part of the issue too. All in all I reset the codes and test drove it again, no codes came back. Maybe it was just a perfect storm of issues!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000