Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2015 ic ,maxxforce dt -kapwr fuse location
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  05:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have a 2015 maxxforce dt with a spn 629 keep alive power fuse timer fault , just wondering if anyone knows where this fuse is found it in diagram 5a fuse but cant locate on bus , and if anyone else has had this fault second time ive had it separate busses but never find an issue ? when it came in dtc was active

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  05:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should have access Bus ISIS OnCommand, It is a free program for all who have bought new buses. Contact your dealer and they can set you up.

Also what is the last 8 of your vin and I can try to look it up.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  05:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
--yes we have on command and found in the diagram where it shows the fuse cant fine on bus though , shows a number 7070 on the connector for the fuse as well but no location of it listed on connector composites or does it show it , fb140430 is the last 8 of the vin thanks
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  07:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, nothing there for that connector. Nothing about it in IKnow either. I have never run across this code before. Is this a feature the bus even has? If you find it please post the location.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  09:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is what they say for 629. It also says you have an outstanding calibration due. Possibly addresses problem?

SPN 629 FMI 0 - ECM Error - CPU Load Excessively HIGH Fault OverviewFault code sets when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects Central Processing Unit (CPU) load is excessively high. Associated FaultsNone Fault FactsNone Drive Cycle to Determine Fault StatusKey ON Possible Causes Failed Software Failed ECM Step 1 Check for active or pending fault codes. Decision Use Electronic Service Tool (EST) with ServiceMaxx™ software. Key ON Engine OFF (KOEO), check Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) list for SPN 629 FMI 0. Yes: Reprogram ECM. After reprogramming is complete, retest for SPN 629 FMI 0. Is SPN 629 FMI 0 active or pending? No: End of diagnostics. Retest for SPN 629 FMI 0. End Diagnostic Step After performing diagnostic step, if SPN 629 FMI 0 remains, verify each step was completed correctly and proper decision was made.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  10:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry should have stated was spn 629 fmi 8 which is the ecm timer fault , I have had this code on another bus once mabey 6 months ago and hasn't returned (that I know of) basically the troubletree has you clear the code cyle the key and wait and recheck for the dtc to return on , if it doesn't just says end of diagnosis basically which I understand I cant fix something not faulty now
but wanted to check the fuse holder for the 5 a fuse check mabey poor fit in holder or something ?? Thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  07:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well we let this one go really backed up with summer service and repairs as I could not get the dtc to return and have not located fuse nothing more I could do .
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  08:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the that fuse is internal of the ECM?

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  07:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm possible I guess , my only question would then be if the fuse does its job and blows due to current overload whats the point if its internal then would just need ecm replaced or rebuild at that point anyway , possible more parts would be saved once remaned somewhere if the fuse was internal I guess . Don't know though but il keep checking other sister busses when I have a chance like I said that was the 2nd time ive had that code in a year so likely I may run into it again .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000