Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  10:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27265743@N03/albums/72157682194174313

Saw this bus at the dealer today, it's a demo with a build date of 8/2016. Sales rep was out but we are going back tomorrow morning to do a real demo.

I did snap a few quick pics to present here, if you want to see or know anything specific, let me know and I'll try to get it tomorrow.

For those with the Vision...how does this compare as far as serviceability?

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  7:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let us know how it goes. My ic rep says he will have a gasser this summer. I signed up to demo it...
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  07:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like old technology compared to the Ford V10. I'll be interested in how it performs. I continue to look at total cost of ownership. I know you guys that trade every 5 years don't understand that concept. But when you keep units beyond that you have some issues with these new diesels. These propanes just make sense. I hope this engine is successful, we need real competition out there on these.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  10:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was OK. Ran good and all. Sounded really good, especially at the tail pipe but I guess that should be my lowest priority :)

I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on one.

I think the gasoline engines will be accepted by more people than the propane ones. From a crisis situation (crash, fire, etc) I'd prefer the propane over gasoline, but that's me.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  2:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

It was OK. Ran good and all. Sounded really good, especially at the tail pipe but I guess that should be my lowest priority :)

I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on one.

I think the gasoline engines will be accepted by more people than the propane ones. From a crisis situation (crash, fire, etc) I'd prefer the propane over gasoline, but that's me.

I wish we could get a good universal, area, price for propane. On here people are talking $3 plus per gallon when I'm paying $1.05. For the most part, if you took the government support out of it (which it is at this time) propane is the only alternative that will survive.

Most people don't think about propane being safer. Good for you!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2017 :  07:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have driven both and like both we did a trial on both driving the same route at at the same time and they both got the same milage 4.5 this was combined highway and country as well as some city driving the IC is way lower in the rpm range tho I hear the next gen bird is a full thousand rpm lower as well the bird has a ford transmission the IC has an Alison just my 2 cents worth

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  04:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeeptjken

the bird has a ford transmission the IC has an Alison just my 2 cents worth

Yeah, not sure which is better. The most miles I have on a Ford transmission is 75k. Not really enough to get into problems but still good I suppose. I do like the external spin on filter the Allison is set up with though. I've noticed the Ford will take off within seconds of engine start up where the Allisons (the 2009 2500 series I have anyway) will take a few seconds before they fill all the circuits and engage.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000