New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  12:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this 2015 c2 few months ago i had to go on road call the bus had no power i got there and the regen light was on put laptop on it it need a regen said soot level severe so i limped it it a parking lot did a regen and it was fine for two months then again got a call same thing got there and did a regen it was good now today again no power i get out there needs a regen i did it and again its fine have u guys come accross this what would make it need a regen so often it is driven on the highway for a few miles every day is that not enough or should i be lookin for something else????

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  1:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check the exhaust side of the turbo for oil residue. last one I had do this to me was caused by a few bad valve stem seals. Lucky me I thought it was the turbo at first until I removed it and found oil all over a few cylinder ports.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  04:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will check that but it doesnt smoke at alln and the oil leave is fine it gets checked every week
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  09:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've run into this with garbage trucks in the past. Ended up having to get the filter replaced and that cleared up the issues. Regen systems are always bad news! I don't think the bugs have been worked out of them all yet.

"Just... I dunno... Just fix it."
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  12:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its under warrenty still so its sittin at the dealer right now will fill in when i no what the problem was
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  09:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most likely a different system, but I had a Chevy doing this- ended up being the 9th injector on it.

I could force a regen, but the truck wouldn't do one on it's own because the 9th injector was not functioning properly.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  3:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a suggestion, but is the regen inhibit switch turned on? I feel like this should be doing a regen as they're going down the road, as long as the right conditions are met. We had a driver turn this switch on every time she got in. We had to tell her to stop because it needs to stay off.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  06:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
update finally heard back from dealer on this bus they said ithad excessive valve lash and the replaced the dpf under warrenty now stupid question valve lash would be an out of adjustment rocker correct? and if so how does thay get oil in the dpf????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000