New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2017 :  7:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a driver's seat, that when the air bag is full, it still bounces. I compared it to a couple other buses of the same year that we have and this is the only one that bounces when full. Is there a pressure adjustment for the driver's seat? Anyone else having this problem?

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  07:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by g0ttadrift

I have a driver's seat, that when the air bag is full, it still bounces. I compared it to a couple other buses of the same year that we have and this is the only one that bounces when full. Is there a pressure adjustment for the driver's seat? Anyone else having this problem?

Accessory air system regulator?

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  5:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming air pressure is the same, I'm leaning towards bad shock on the seat.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just replaced a boat load of seat shocks on our 2017 CE's because of this issue, so I would say you're probably experiencing the same thing. Drivers reported a slight bounce no matter how they had the seat adjusted. It's only an inch or two but it's enough to rattle the driver to pieces by the end of a run. What was happening with a few was the shock would easily slide in and out an inch or two, and then the piston would catch. That inch or so of play is what was causing the bounce because the piston wasn't holding it's position. When we pulled the pistons out you could physically move the piston by hand up to a certain point where there was enough pressure in it to prevent you from moving it by hand.

Seems to be a big issue on many of the new buses. Guessing the manufacturer of the shock had a bad batch go through.

Edited by - Kodie on 05/26/2017 7:04:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  7:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kodie I'll look into this and update with what I find. I'm surprised because they are double shocked seats. Krmvcs, I didn't see any regulators under the seat. I didn't look under the bus, but every bus I've been under, I haven't come across any regulators for the seat anyways.

Edited by - g0ttadrift on 05/26/2017 7:15:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2017 :  1:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so I replaced the seat shocks today and that did not solve the issue. When I was down there I noticed the airbag was tall and skinny. I compared this to the other 2017's we have in our fleet and all the other ones are short and fat. The part number is completely different as well. So I decided to swap airbags and this solved my issue. My guess is because of the seat strap from the frame to the floor, the taller airbag couldn't fill up all the way, so it never got stiff. The correct part number I have is 329666-01. This is for the driver's airbag on a 2017 BB All American FE. Just in case anyone else runs into this problem. It has a National seat and it's a Firestone airbag. I included a picture of the two. The one that I took out of my bus is on the left and the correct one is on the right.

Edited by - g0ttadrift on 05/27/2017 1:21:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2017 :  1:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I post a pic?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  10:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you post a reply, there is a button above the body of the message that has a yellow square in the middle. Clicking on that should allow you to insert an image into your message. Let me know if that does not work for you.
quote:

How do I post a pic?

Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  2:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea I tried that, but it comes up with what you see in the previous post. Oh well...problem is solved, air bag was the culprit.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  08:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry that didn't work out for you. Can you tell me what type of format the image was? Was it a jpeg?
quote:

yea I tried that, but it comes up with what you see in the previous post. Oh well...problem is solved, air bag was the culprit.

Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  09:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin, I dont see that yellow square in the middle thing you speak of
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  12:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Test reply
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  1:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I see what my problem is (was) I always used quick reply and didn't choose "reply to topic" where the other options are :) Kewl
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  3:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a pic I had uploaded to Walgreens. I tried uploading it with the URL and that didn't work. I tried sharing it from Google Drive, but you have to have a Google account to access it. And there's no option to upload a file from your computer. That would make it much easier. Admin, it is saved as a jpeg on my computer.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2017 :  08:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks for providing that information. I will remind our web department that posting photos can be a challenge and will see where we are with getting a new forum hosting service or system. Sorry for the inconvenience.
quote:

It was a pic I had uploaded to Walgreens. I tried uploading it with the URL and that didn't work. I tried sharing it from Google Drive, but you have to have a Google account to access it. And there's no option to upload a file from your computer. That would make it much easier. Admin, it is saved as a jpeg on my computer.

Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2017 :  12:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem. Thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000