Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Maxxforce 7 regen a lot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oliver88

14 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  05:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit oliver88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 2011 International with the Maxxforce 7 engine with about 96k miles on it. We had no problems with it until about 2 monthes ago. It had a motor failure which we then had a new motor put into it at the dealer. Since that time the bus now gets a high exhaust temp message on or when the bus is on the route. This happens almost everyday from 1-3 times a day! Before the motor was installed you saw it maybe once every few weeks or so. I've had it back to the dealer 2 times and then tell me its normal. The bus does maybe 75 miles a day total for 3 routes. I find it hard to believe that its normal since we had it from new and it has acted one way until the motor was installed and now its completely different. I asked for the DPF to be cleaned the first time too but no change. The dealer says a case with Navistar was open and the engineer says everything is fine. Does this sound normal to you?

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  05:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The only thing that sounds normal is the engine failure. It should not need that many regens in that short of distance. It may be a programming issue, they're blowing smoke up your rear telling you that everything is fine.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  06:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the last 8 letters/numbers of the VIN?
Go to Top of Page

oliver88

14 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  08:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit oliver88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BB319378
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  09:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to look and see if they did in fact submit a case and go through the steps. They did, and it passed a regen then it was "tricked" into thinking it needed one. Was hoping there was going to be a smoking gun in the case somewhere, but there isn't. I did save it (what I was able to get to) as a PDF if you want it for reference.
Go to Top of Page

oliver88

14 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  09:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit oliver88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no Check engine light on and runs good otherwise. It just regens a lot. I got it back yesterday and it has done it 2 times already
Go to Top of Page

woodster

7 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  09:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit woodster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds like our 2007 maxxforce 7 would always set high exhaust temp light when the bus would stop. then when the bus would start moving light would go out.found out buses were over fueling they all had to be reflashed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000