Making news posts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2017 :  3:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Recently one of our drivers was involved in a collision. The Superintendent contacted (or was contacted by) a news agency shortly thereafter and plain out told that the driver received a citation. The driver is planning to fight the citation because they and several others believe that the other driver was at fault. My question is a 2-parter:

1. Should the Superintendent given out the information?

2. Should the Superintendent waited until after the ticket went to court?

I feel like the superintendent shot the district in the foot - made all the drivers look bad.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  04:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why bother trying to hide it? A police spokesperson is going to tell the media when asked.

Welcome back, by the way!
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  6:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah in the digital age you really can't hide anything so it's probably best if the bus driver is up front. If the driver fights it and wins I would hope they at least contact the local media for a follow up story.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  04:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My goodness...a 2nd return from the past! Nice to have you both back!
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  07:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've always continued to view the forums about once a week or so I just never posted since most of the active topics are in the maintenance department.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2017 :  3:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thomasbus24 - contact me @ hotmail and I will update you on what has been happening - not for public consumption

539 - Repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  05:34:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sent to the one listed in your profile. If that's not correct, let me know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000