New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  11:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was recently alerted to this issue, and apparently it is one that IC does not yet have a good fix for. Figured I would pass the info along to you folks so you can be aware and check:

I have three 2016 IC 1300's, and two 2017 IC 1300's. These all have the Cummins ISB 6.7L.

On the engine side of the air intake line, AFTER it comes out of the firewall mounted air filter, the line is rubbing on the turbo housing and creating holes in the intake line. This is the same plastic intake line that has the the MAF. The holes are right at the part of the line that is ribbed so the line can flex.

Of my 5 trucks, 4 had rubbed holes in them, and I am now working with International on getting permanent fixes done. 2 of the trucks are right at 30,000 miles, and the other two are right around 10,000.

With these holes developing after the air filter, this is a big deal.

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  12:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this eddo! Just went and checked my '17 ic and have over 1.5" of clearance to the turbo. The large wire off the alternator rubbing on the air inlet is another story.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  04:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info! Will check ours today.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  4:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flint1

Thanks for this eddo! Just went and checked my '17 ic and have over 1.5" of clearance to the turbo. The large wire off the alternator rubbing on the air inlet is another story.

Good catch on the alt wire. A couple of mine had rub spots there too. No holes from that, yet...
Go to Top of Page

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2017 :  9:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far really pleased with the '17ic. Good on fuel. A little low on torque compared to my dt's. No real issues.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000