Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 ac belt squeel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tkorpal

28 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  08:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have 2011 ic ce dt that the ac belt has started to squeel at high idle. i have changed the belt the idler pulleys and ac compressors and still get a squeel when ac is on....any help would be appricated. thanks

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  09:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try spraying each pulley (even the ones not associated with the A/C) with a lubricant. When the squealing stops, you've likely located the right one.

"Just... I dunno... Just fix it."
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  09:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem. Only getting worse. Replaced belt, idler, and one compressor after it went clear out. After I replaced the compressor I thought I had it whooped. Not! It's at the IC place getting some other issues taken care of so they are going to take a look at it. We'll see how they do. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  10:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may have worn out grooves on the pulley or a bearing going bad causing excessive drag.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  05:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the belt's "squealing" it's slipping somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  06:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does this have a 2-piece harmonic balancer? The kind with a rubber belt in between the 2 parts like Cat used?

Reason I ask is that we were recently chasing a belt noise and that's what it turned out to be.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  07:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Does this have a 2-piece harmonic balancer? The kind with a rubber belt in between the 2 parts like Cat used?

Reason I ask is that we were recently chasing a belt noise and that's what it turned out to be.

Humm.....

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  07:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

My DT"s Definitely have a rubber insert in all I have here.. I assume it is that double trouble system that IC puts on or has installed by Busair/? what I believe use to be Carrier... those systems were always a pain when I had them here, belt squeals, compressor issues, you name it... Always was throwing money at them..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000