New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  12:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's it. Guarantee they haven't considered decreased capacities either.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  1:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapa

That's it. Guarantee they haven't considered decreased capacities either.

This reminds me of something I forgot to mention. All of my seat belt buses are transit 80+ pax. And kids are not all 13" wide or less. Because of belts the buses are usually limited to 56 kids (2 per seat). And sometimes we have extra or are forced to combo for whatever reason, and the driver then needs to organize all the small kids at 3 to a seat.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  05:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RonF

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/721825/retrofit-requirement-dropped-from-tennessee-school-bus-seat-belt-bill

Just looking at the picture they have posted there. Wonder if they have considered the germs that can be contained in the seat belt and there where they go into the seat? More illness is in our future. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  05:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, the belts are at the right height to wipe your nose with. Handy.
On the news a while back they were talking to a guy checking for germs and viruses on the NY subway. He said over all his findings were not that bad. He did add though, but if I were you I wouldn't lick the seats.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  07:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by torque

He did add though, but if I were you I wouldn't lick the seats.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I literally laughed out loud! And I mean loud! Good thing no one was here at the time.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  10:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Meant to post this up earlier, but the bill that was introduced and sponsored by the Representative from Chattanooga has been pulled due to lack of support and budget concerns.

quote:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee bill to require seat belts in new school buses bought after July 2019 is in budget limbo while lawmakers examine the cost and whether the state will cover it.

The House Finance, Ways & Means Subcommittee put the legislation on hold Wednesday because it's currently unfunded in the governor's budget plans.

Fiscal estimates say the bill would add $12.9 million in annual costs to school districts and $2.2 million in yearly state costs. The bill was changed to make the state pay the whole cost.

Rep. JoAnne Favors, the Chattanooga Democratic bill sponsor, believes the costs were overstated because the seating capacity would likely drop by at most two seats per bus, not 12.

The bill responds to a November crash that killed six Chattanooga elementary school children.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000