Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Ic bus 6.7 isb fault codes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  06:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. First post here, I am looking for a fault code list for our 2015 IC bus with a Cummins 6.7 ISB. I have an active fault of 5743-9 and I cannot find a reliable list online and our dealer will not give me one. Any help would be appreciated.

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  07:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
set up a quickserve account. itll tell you everything you need to know for cummins. if its an IC thing i cant help ya but most of these other guys can.
https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  07:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You dealer needs to set you up with an OnCommand account, if they won't, maybe someone here can give you a name/number/email for someone higher up. Under "Master Service Information" you can look up codes, but since it's Cummins you'll really need the Cummins software to dig deep into troubleshooting I'm afraid.

5743-9 is Aftermarket selective catalytic reduction temperature sensor module abnormal update rate

You'll need Cummins Insite to dig into that.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  07:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
krmvcs and I were typing at the same time. Good idea on the quickserve!
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  07:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, I am experienced with quickserve, and insite but not with OnCommand. Thomasbus24 is OnCommand IH's software? If so is it a free service or a yearly subscription? krmvcs I have been barking up that tree to our business administrator for over a year now but it cost money, and we cant have that, haha. So I am kind of shooting in the dark I know, but does anyone have a good scr temp sensor that they can ohm test for me so I can at least check into that? Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  07:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quickserve is free for up to 5 ESN's I think. At least you can bring up the diag procedure. If youre gonna shoot in the dark at least youll have a book of matches.
As for the "but it costs money" ask them how much it costs to replace parts that arent broken. Im lucky in that I run my small operation and have the full trust and support of upper management.
Thamasbus ;) were just too eager to help.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  07:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think OnCommand is available to any IC bus owner. It's a web portal with information. Not sure if there's a time limit or anything as we have bought them the last year years. No cost to have it.

Is the bus under 100,000 miles? Should be warranty anyways (but I know how it is being without a bus).
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  08:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Thomasbus24 I will talk to my dealer about OnCommand. My dealer only has one guy that works on school buses and it usually takes a week of the bus sitting there for the guy to even look at it, so that makes it very hard to give them anything. KRMVCS I will talk to my nearest Cummins dealer about quickserve since we have 4 cummins units at this time that should work nicely. I am hoping to get Insite or a full quickserve version in this coming school years budget since we are supposed to get two new cummins powered buses this spring.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  08:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being that the bus is a 2015 it should still be under warranty for the after treatment. Waverlybus, what state are you in?

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  09:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RonF, I am right outside of Lincoln NE. It is still under warranty but my dealer takes forever to rotate it through the shop so I avoid bringing it there at all costs.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  1:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Visions, we have had codes for that module, a couple times wires rubbed through so we fixed it ourselves but the last time it was the module itself. Priced out the module as like you, many times when you look at the downtime, 2 drivers to drop off and 2 drivers to pick up, fuel, about an hour each way it is cheaper to repair ourselves.
But when I got a price for the module, it was 5 or 600.00 CDN, so we sent it to Cummins. They were not too busy so it was ready the next day. Sometimes it is a week befrore they can even look at it.
Keep in mind, some other dealers, Freightliner and ? may also be able to do warranty on the Cummins side if there is someone else closer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000