IC bus should I mark IDM and ECM connectors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  09:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am on the tail end of removing this DT 466 . I wondered how the plugs on the IDM and ecm are ? If I unplug do they need marked ? If I don't mark them doesone plug fit all ? I guess what I am asking is is there any way one plug will fit all the ports on the IDM and ECM . Is there going to be a wrong way to plug them back ? My thinking is to just unplug them and take the electronics with the engine Thanks

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  09:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never marked the plugs on T444Es and never had a problem.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  10:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not sure what 466 you are working on, but mine have all been color coded- Grey connector for grey plug, black connector for black plug.

If it helps you feel better about the job, absolutely mark them.
Go to Top of Page

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  10:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
from what ive seen every time on these 2 connectors look similar theres still a difference in the connector plug like a raised slot piece to where it cant be plugged in incorrectly
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  11:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is a 05 DT 466 with EGR
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  11:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't be able to mix them up, plugs should be slotted different/color coded.. label/# them take a picture with your phone....picture is worth a thousand words..lol

Edited by - slippert on 03/16/2017 11:43:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000