Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2006 DT466
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uwyofleet

1 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  11:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit uwyofleet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,
This is my first time on this and i have ran into problem with a 2006 dt466. The symptom is it runs for about 30 seconds to a minute then stalls, no active codes, white smoke when running. fuel pressure is good, no aeration. oil pressure comes up, wait 5 minutes after turned off and will have to prime again but will rise. switched ecm and idm with a sister bus same results expect for inactive B+ out of range low.
I might be thinking too hard on this but if anyone has suggestions thanks

Edited by - uwyofleet on 03/09/2017 11:18:02 AM

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  10:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello we had a 466 couple years ago with same symptoms. It ended up being injectors, one was leaking compression back into the fuel system. Basically you could prime it , it would start, then we noticed with the scanner it would start missing on the back cylinder, then as you ran it more cylinders from back to front would miss until it would stall. the fuel pressure gauge always was right at 55psi with a good supply, but the compression from the engine was pushing air into the system. If you manually primed it I think it would push enough air out so it would start again. I always go with the basics on a 466, if it passes the buzz test I know the idm is working, I have good ICP[over 500], compression is good on engine and we have good clean clean fuel with good fuel pressure I am down to injectors. Not sure if its your issue, I know we spent a lot of time before we pulled the trigger on the injectors. Once we pulled them though I think the bad ones tip looked different as far as carbon and color so we knew then that was our problem. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000