Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 MaxForce 7 High Pressure pumps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

busmaster54

United States
21 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  07:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit busmaster54's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 2013 and a 2014 IHC CE with the Maxforce 7 engine, both have continual HP pump issues. Every other week one or the other is back with the same problem. So far warranty has covered it, but this is ridiculous. Dealer says they can't get new pumps so they install rebuilds and tells me the specs are terrible on these rebuilds, to the point they have put in 3 pumps in a bus before it left the shop. Navistar is aware of the problem but so far nothing has improved. We are looking at trading them both off before warranty expires. Anyone heard of a fix for these? They are a real pain!

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  10:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do yourself a favor and trade them in. I have a Maxx7 I'm tearing into now for metal in the pan. This ain't the first one I'm tearing into for the same thing. These engines were junk from the word go. If we got rid of ours we wouldn't have anything to do.
Go to Top of Page

drp53188

89 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  10:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any time you have a pump failer you MUST remove both fuel rails and clean out all metal that gets stuck in them or you will be replacing the pump AGAIN and AGAIN.
I hope the dealer knows that, good luck!
Go to Top of Page

busmaster54

United States
21 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  08:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit busmaster54's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drp53188

Any time you have a pump failer you MUST remove both fuel rails and clean out all metal that gets stuck in them or you will be replacing the pump AGAIN and AGAIN.
I hope the dealer knows that, good luck!

Yes I am a believer now, 60-70K half dozen pumps and one engine. Maintenance is excellent, just junk!
Go to Top of Page

woodster

7 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  1:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit woodster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
put a cummins repower if they make it for that year model
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000