Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Stop Arm Malfunction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2017 :  4:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I have a 04 IC RE DT530. Problem is the stop arm is malfunctioning. The stop sign is moving all the way 180 degrees to the side of the bus instead of its normal 90 degrees facing traffic. I replaced the microswitch plate assembly with a drop in module that replaces the relays as well. It is a 5-series retrofit. But the problem is still happening. I also replaced the clutch with one that I had on hand, to no avail. Can anyone offer some advice?

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2017 :  5:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forgot to mention that I changed the stop arm motor a year and a half ago. We have been having some vandalism in the bus yard lately as well. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  03:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Retrofit properly installed/connected with the flat side of shaft with divot pointing towards stop arm?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 01/20/2017 04:01:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  05:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it's 180 out of time.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  11:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, it was out of time. Duh, should have paid more attention to the instructions. Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  04:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrpicky

Yep, it was out of time. Duh, should have paid more attention to the instructions. Thanks for your help.

I'd bet the house we have all done that same thing, once :)
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  2:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah! And worse!! Some days I wonder if I'd be better off working on computers. The computer guys gets paid more than I do, puts in less days per year, and his mistakes won't kill anyone!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000