Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Maxxforce 7 w/Wabco 231 9 code hpb system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chuckles4547

6 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2017 :  11:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuckles4547's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wondering if anyone experienced issues with a 231-9 code. Dash flashes electrical fault abs module. It's a intermittent proplem have checked the j1939 can. And all connectors. Spoke with wabco tech. Support, they are saying it's on International side.

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2017 :  1:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, all the issues I have had over the years for j1939 issues with the wabco units have ended up at the connector. Either corrosion or water contamination. Some ic had another connector couple feet from from the wabco unit that could cause issues to. Up here in Canada in the rural area we to deal with gravel, water and snow . I always start with a pin test on the connector then a good blow out. Fill her with dielectric grease and see if that helps. Ic actually sells the connectors, rubber seals and crimp ends so they can be service. Last year had one the connector got broken from gravel and ended up needing a ecm as well from water contamination. My first thought is if there was a total lose of j1939 there would be codes in a lot more modules , if it only effects the wabco module it has to be with the wiring, connection at that module or that module itself. I noticed the flow chart at the very end says the old if everything else is good replace the module[I hate those ones]. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckles4547

6 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2017 :  4:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuckles4547's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problem was more persistent before we did our power and grounds check. And pin connection ohm check.It just shows up at key up now. So I believe we did disturbe something.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckles4547

6 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2017 :  4:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuckles4547's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Key up and code goes away.When it was active intermediate.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  05:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the last one I looked at the 2 data link wires are the most forward in the connector at the HCU. They are prime targets for rock rash, take a close look at those 2 wires and give them a pull and see if they are corroded on the inside but not vis from the outside.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckles4547

6 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2017 :  6:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuckles4547's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bus has been fine. After we did our checks of the hcu. I'm sure we disturbed something. In the wiring. That you for the input.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000