Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 All American T3FE headlights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

allamericandriver

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  8:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit allamericandriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2 questions. What number bulb is being used in the new TE all Americans?
Also, are these headlights adjustable. The low beam are very poor. Could you please advise how to adjust them?? Thank you!!

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  05:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe they are 9007 bulbs, will confirm that when I get to work tomorrow.

I haven't adjusted them but:

First thing to check is, are the headlights installed correctly? Are the molded-in lines you can see in them running vertically? They need to be. Quality control is so bad that new buses are coming through with one or both headlights installed 90 degrees off. Yes, only one sometimes. HOW does QC and the dealer miss that? It makes a huge different in how the lamp works.
Go to Top of Page

allamericandriver

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  06:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit allamericandriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I will take a closer look. You are right about QC. Brand new bus this week...the low beam lights do not get dimmer with distance. They just end in a solid line in the road. Aimed too low or somthing else wrong. The remote adjustable mirrors do not work on one side, and the wiper blades were finger tight, the nut and bold were ready to fall out!

Edited by - allamericandriver on 12/11/2016 06:34:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  02:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
9007 is confirmed as the bulb number. let us know if your headlights are 90 degrees off! I'm not sure if the word "TOP" is etched on the fixtures or not, but worth a look at that too.
Go to Top of Page

allamericandriver

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  09:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit allamericandriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked headlight assembly. They are in correctly. I'm sure they adjust. Just have to find the screws. Also might try a 9007 silverstar ultra bulb. Have you done that?
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  09:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our maybe you could remove the original and replace with an LED sealed beam

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  10:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how one would secure the LED seal beam bulb in the housing, but I've not studied the situation. I can tell you that the first time you change a bulb is going to be an unholy nightmare and I don't suggest having the elementary kids tour the bus garage that day. Expect about 25,321 zip ties that need to be cut.
Go to Top of Page

allamericandriver

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  4:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit allamericandriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh really?? What's the story changing bulbs?? Difficult on those?
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  03:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first time you have to cut those 25,321 zip ties that some braindead moron at the factory (engineer or assembly worker or whoever) thought needed to be on there. After the first time it isn't so bad.
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2016 :  11:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been converting all of our T3s to LED - using the 27270C from Truck-lite. MUCH better lighting! They are a PITA to mount in the BB buckets, as their manufacturer used smaller-than-normal guide grooves. You also have to get a wiring conversion kit unless you want to change out the harness ends - I buy them off Amazon.com from a place called Sunpie.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

allamericandriver

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  7:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit allamericandriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I switched to a silverstar ultra 9007 bulb. Anyone else think these are worth buying?
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  08:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I owe you an apology! I had a T3 in this morning for a coolant leak (YET again) and noticed the lines in the headlights run vertically, NOT horizonally as I previously said. I edited my above advice to reflect the change. Mine do have "Top" etched in them, but that was early 2013 so the new ones might not.
Go to Top of Page

allamericandriver

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  11:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit allamericandriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem!! Mine say top as well!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000