Cummins Insite
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  3:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been having a horrible time trying to figure out Insite lately. When we first got our laptops setup with Insite, I could go in and do parked regens, I could clear codes and all kinds of stuff. I'm guessing Cummins changed their licensing somewhere along the line...I noticed our subscription is Basic Plus...and it's useless. I can't even run a diagnostic, no parked regens, can't clear codes. We called our dealer, and they said that Cummins will not sell us anything above Basic Plus unless we take classes.

Is this a fact? Anyone else have these problems? I can understand keeping people not properly trained from changing engine calibrations...but what am I going to hurt doing a regen or clearing a code?

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  4:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious, when was your software license last renewed last? When the license runs out after a year the software basically becomes a code reader.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  7:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently bought pro, no classes.

quote:
Originally posted by baptistbusman1

We have been having a horrible time trying to figure out Insite lately. When we first got our laptops setup with Insite, I could go in and do parked regens, I could clear codes and all kinds of stuff. I'm guessing Cummins changed their licensing somewhere along the line...I noticed our subscription is Basic Plus...and it's useless. I can't even run a diagnostic, no parked regens, can't clear codes. We called our dealer, and they said that Cummins will not sell us anything above Basic Plus unless we take classes.

Is this a fact? Anyone else have these problems? I can understand keeping people not properly trained from changing engine calibrations...but what am I going to hurt doing a regen or clearing a code?

Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  7:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have the basic version of Insite here and no one ever took a class.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  03:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know which one I have but I can do everything with it. I just used mine on Monday.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  05:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RonF

I don't know which one I have but I can do everything with it. I just used mine on Monday.

Pro allows re-calibration.
Go to Top of Page

dferrell

102 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  08:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes...you need Pro to do calibrations. I had to complete a Cummins training program called Virtual College before they would upgrade me from basic to pro. They send you the CD's and you can do it at your leisure. If I remember right, a lot of the Virtual College was about how to do re-calibrations.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  09:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really have no need for engine calibrations. I have Basic Plus, and I need to be able to clear codes and do parked regens. Our rep at Midwest said that Cummins will not sell us anything more than Basic Plus without us going to some kind of training.

Who do we call to figure this out? Our rep is no help. Who would we call directly at Cummins?

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  09:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you could do that before, you likely just need to renew you license.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  09:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like torque said, more than likely your subscription ran out.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  11:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is who helped me. I also had a rep come to my shop to show us how to calibrate. That might be why no class was needed.

Jeffrey Frizzell
Software Administration, Sales and Support, East Region
Subscription Registrations

Cummins Sales And Service
4000 Lyman DR
Hilliard OH. 43026

Phone: 614-604-6020
Fax: 614-771-0769

Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  2:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. We finally got in touch with someone who looked up our account and saw we were expired. Even though we had a guy saying we had a subscription and that cummins would never sell us pro unless we were a dealer. So now we have pro....

It is a new trend here, the mechanical issues aren't the biggest issue...the new biggest issue is the parts, service salesmen that we have to deal with.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  05:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL that is funny, glad to know that we are not the only one's having issues with parts, sales and service people! I guess some companies just don't want to take our money... Having a hard time giving it away looking for the new green data link connectors here.. Parts people have always been a bit of a joke, even with the part number given to them they get it wrong.... But this should become another thread.. And don't forget " you are the only one having this concern"
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  09:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You two are the only ones I have ever heard of having these concerns with parts people, suppliers etc.
(ducks as wrenches start flying my way :) LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000