Cracks in IC cowl/ firewall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  12:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Trying to find info on Cracks starting in cowl panel Infront of steering column on 2005 and newer IC buses... I have been hearing from other districts in my area that the state Inspector's have been finding quite a few with cracks.... I so far have found none ..but also not sure exactly where they are seeing problem.... Does anyone know if there is a I Know article on this issue or any knowledge/ pictures of problem area you might have would be appreciated!
As I said above have been looking mine over and can find no cracks as of yet... sounds like it starts above brake valve by a hose or wiring hole and travels from there.... and unfortunately have not had an opportunity to travel to see one of the neighboring district's buses searched on here also but may not have put in correct verbage...lol,.so if someone has a link to an article? Thanks in advance....

Edited by - slippert on 11/22/2016 12:13:57 PM

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  03:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have repaired a few here its drivers side between the relays and the outside of the bus between the protruding studs I have a plate that goes over the entire area after I stop drill the splits and weld them shut I put the cover over the area and weld it on as well

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  4:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked at a few 06-09 CE's and I didn't see any cracks. I was looking closely at the area where the relays and maxi-fuses are, below where the 4 threaded studs come out above the relay box?? If I understood the location correctly.

Jeep, I'd like to see a before and after picture if you find another. Or even an after picture just to get squared away on the location and see your fix.
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  05:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one to do here soon so ill take some pictures of it

Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  10:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so if someone can tell me how to post a picture ill be glad to

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000