Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Wabco Full Power Brakes 62-3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  08:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is any one else seeing a rash of code 62-3 rear accumulator sensor shorted to b+ on their units with hyd brakes? I have 2 units with in a week of each other flagging this code. both on IC CE units. Wabco scan tells you to remove the ecm and inspect the connectors and if no concerns present replace the HCU... I have confirmed one is the ecm but cant get IC or Wabco to replace the ecm because each time the bus has gone to them the code is inactive. Can't get a health report while the code is active because it will not work with the engine running. cycling the key will most of the time set the code back to inactive... Both units are still under warranty but expire soon... Ayn one have input???

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  1:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually raise my voice a little when after several times I am told the code is inactive when they check it.
Then they somehow find a way to replace the most likely cause. You can always mention a call to Transport Canada for me, forget off hand to looks after vehicle safety in the US on a federal level, but mention their name, can work wonders.
I have not seen the specific problem you mention above.
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  07:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What does the bus do when the code sets?

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  05:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Other then lighting the dash up and sounding the buzzer, It will not have abs or traction control functioning with those lights on. Base brakes function normally, you can set and release the parking brake no de-rate or drive-ability concerns, so basically nothing.
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  6:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If this bus lives up north, the problems can be with a connector on the pins on the module. Connections cause a lot more problems than we realize sometimes. Most modules either tell us they are not working or nothing at all.Now with this system, they seem to have intermittent issues in our fleet. 2006 buses have had two modules replaced, two out of six.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  2:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the connections are internal when the ecm and hcu are bolted together. It tells you to remove the ecm and inspect but "DO NOT TOUCH" the connections. One of the 2 I currently have with this code is finally getting some love from IC-Wabco. other then the lines and master cyl they have replaced all the other components. ECM HCU and sahr park brake actuator... Glad it is still under warranty.... ONLY HAS 25000KM on it......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000