Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2004 International VT365
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sinapu

4 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  2:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, hope you're all set for Matthew! Well, it's been a depressing week so far, came down from NH to find a " rust free " vehicle for my business and I ended up with a nightmare.. Basically, I had it checked out to some extent over the first couple days I was down here and all seemed fine, even got it for a really good price. As I was driving north it suddenly started overheating, so I pulled over couldnt get it restarted and had it towed to the International dealer, who informed me, the engine is blown and the estimate for a new engine, installed is 25K!!! What a waste of money! Now it sits in Daytona and I dont know any mechanics in the area who might give me a better price. Any suggestions? Wish I could put a different engine in after all the reviews I've read about this one..

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  5:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is no such thing as a good price on the VT365.

Sorry.

25K does seem rather high for engine and install- but not by much. The engine itself is gonna cost over $15K. Unless you want to shop for a used one, it's gonna cost ya.

Labor at a dealer is going to be over $110 a hour, so you can save $$ by going just about anywhere else. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2016 :  04:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish more people listing these junk VT365 buses for sale would be honest about them. My all time favorite was on publicsurplus or govdeals awhile back...

"If you are not in the school bus business or do not know what a 6.0/VT365 is, DO NOT purchase this bus". I would like to have bought a beer for that guy/gal!

I respect the people who list these things for what they are, then the ones who list them as though they are only getting rid of it because they no longer need it. Although in a sense that is true...so...not lying.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000