Cummins help 5.9 ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  11:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2002 Bluebird TC 2000 with a Cummins . Since we have had it back it has had some fuel leakage . I did not do the work but was sent out to another school bus garage near me . At the time I was too swamped . The job was done a year ago . Anyway we are going to repair the fuel loss . I think it's coming from the fuel filter housing . Might be the fuel drain valve even . Losing fuel near a hose that has eaten away .This hose comes off the intake to the air compressor . The question I have is how do I order this from Cummins . I looked all over the engine for a serial number . Second do I need to go thru Cummins for the hose . maybe you have part numbers I can use . I tried a Vin once and Cummins said it wouldn't work . Thanks

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look on the bus data plate near the entry door for the engine serial number.
Drain valve kit; Fleetguard 395945300 S , cummins 3937225.

I think the hose your are talking about goes to the injection pump. I don't have that number handy.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  11:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The intake hose...about 1", a foot long and with a 90 degree ell in one end?

As for the fuel leak...we've replaced several of the actual lid to the fuel filter housing in recent memory.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  12:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
find that ESN and punch it into cummins quickserve.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  1:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ron thanks ...The hose is 1 inch with a bend . Is that compressor intake
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  2:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Had a problem with a fuel leak on one of these, too. Had to order the whole fuel filter housing to repair the leak that was in the fuel drain. Figured it would be much more cost effective than letting it catch on fire!

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  6:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have replaced a bunch of those hoses for the same reason you have. The hose number is: 3949710. As far as the fuel leak, if it is dripping from the drain valve, there are 2 o-rings inside that need replaced. There was only one instance where this didn't work for us and we had to order a whole new filter housing. But try that first because it's a simple fix. There are 4 torx screws holding on the drain valve. I think they are T-20.
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2016 :  7:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hose you are describing is the Air Compressor supply hose. Call Cummins NW or Valley Freight liner. they both have it in stock. We have replaced way too many of these hoses over the years. they are crap. They often blow near the compressor due to engine oil on the inside. As for a fuel leak, I have seen the filter housing drain valve leaking. Might just as well replace the whole drain valve instead of just the "o" rings. The question I have for you is are you concerned about the fuel leak or the air compressor hose. The air compressor hose is above the drain valve so it should not cause a leak from it. Clean the engine off with some brakeclean and then look for the leak

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2016 :  05:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FleetGuard Drain Valve, 395945300 S:

Cummins Hose, Air Compressor Inlet, 3949710:

Well, can't get the hose pic to show. Go to this link:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64361&d=1475669084

Edited by - BigPapa on 10/05/2016 05:08:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000