New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2016 :  11:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK boys and girls, I have an issue that we only deal with in places that use antique school buses. So, here goes. I have R&R'd and engine in a B7 chassis and am going back together with everything. Now, I remember having an issue with these before but can't remember how I remedied it. I cannot find the "O" Rings that seal the lines. I even called Chevrolet and they tell me that the "O" Rings are serviced with the line. Oh, OK, how much----- a little over 400 bucks. Yikes! That is a mighty high "O" ring! Here's a diagram that shows where I'm talking about but still doesn't even show the o ring. Go figure! http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=367789W
What are you B7 users doing for the "O" Ring there?

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know we have replaced them before when we had to change a radiator. I thought I had kept a couple of extras but cant seem to find them now. If I remember correctly we just started going through the different assortments that our Carquest store has until we found one that would work. Keep us posted on what you figure out. I'm sure my day is coming when I'm going to run into the same problem again seeing as how I will probably have at least a couple of B7's for the foreseeable future!
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  2:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I have an implement dealer, about 25 miles from me, who keeps about every "O" Ring made in stock. My local Napa has less in stock than I do here. It's pathetic really.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  05:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take them to a hydraulic shop if you have one near and have them match one up.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  05:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RonF

Take them to a hydraulic shop if you have one near and have them match one up.

Headed there today. Thanks guys. It seems as if nothing is easy any longer.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2016 :  07:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on this; I went to the neighboring town with a NAPA and they were able to match an A/C "O" ring for me that is working fine. They had a much, much larger selection of O rings.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2016 :  04:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you happen to have the NAPA part number to post? Might help someone else someday!
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2016 :  06:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, he didn't put a part number down for it. I called down there and he said they don't have part numbers for the ones in that set. Sorry

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2016 :  07:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well...I tried!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000