Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 07 International 365 Fuel In Oil...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2016 :  03:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been having problems with this for over a year now. Installed a crate motor into one of our "newer" buses. Had issues with fuel getting into the oil. Talked to the company that we got the motor from and they said they've been having a lot of these issues. Defective injectors were being returned all the time. So, I got a set of new injectors (warrantied). Fixed the problem... for awhile. Same issue, replaced injectors, problem solved (warrantied). Happening a third time. Find it hard to believe the injectors are bad yet again and I'm pretty sure the warranty has expired on this motor (the 4th motor this bus has had). Any ideas where else this problem may be coming from?!?!

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2016 :  06:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can this already have gone through 4 engines? Oh my bad VT365 now it makes sense. I have 06's and so far have gone through 1 engine on 2 of them. Bought my engines through Jasper and had to replace injectors a year later. I would've cut my losses after the second engine.
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2016 :  07:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You and me both! But, that's a decision that's unfortunately above my pay grade. Wondering if it needs yet another set of 8 injectors? Getting tired of replacing stuff on this bus! But, that's a daily struggle: Getting tired of throwing parts at buses and getting nickel and dimed on 'em.

"Just... I dunno... Just fix it."
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2016 :  08:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who do you buy injectors from? Maybe it's a reman issue. I buy from Alliant Power, they're ok injectors. I've had my fair share of junk injectors from them though. However I've never had the fuel in the oil issue.
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2016 :  09:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're new injectors and not remans. Something about an entire order wasn't built quite to spec. Thought maybe swapping them out with proper injectors would've worked the first time around. And it did... For a couple of months. Then it was the same problem.

Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  03:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what is the condition of the fuel injector control module it may be suffering from low voltage causing it to dump more fuel than it needs to
Go to Top of Page

LTHS

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  05:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had the same problem with those injectors from alliant power
went and got international reman part number 19878285c91 and have no problems
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2016 :  04:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any update? Just curious.
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  09:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry. Yes, there's an update. Swapped all the injectors again and haven't run into the same problem. Bad shipment of new injectors? Who knows. But, the problem has corrected itself... for now.

Go to Top of Page

woodster

7 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  1:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit woodster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i would put a cummins repower,since we have done our 06 model we're able to send them out of town with no fear
Go to Top of Page

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2017 :  08:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a good number of 365 on our fleet and one thing we have noticed the past year everytime a jasper engine is installed they Always return for faulty injectors , like most busses have been back 2 to 3 times don't know who jasper uses for injectors or what but we finally talked to someone and they stated they were aware of the issue and advised us its been resolved the jasper reps actually came out to the shop to tell us . Don't know if this helps at all who knows if they do them in house or use someone elses reman injectors ours would miss and fail the buzz test haven't noticed fuel in oil .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000