New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2016 :  2:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, here we go again! At least until we change the presidential party in the White House (if that happens). In other words, Clinton won't change this a bit! Glad I'm going propane!

https://www3.epa.gov/otaq/climate/regs-heavy-duty.htm

http://www.nhtsa.gov/fuel-economy

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  06:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's how the new media sees it.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/08/17/administration-oks-new-fuel-efficiency-standards-for-trucks/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/08/16/white-house-sets-new-fuel-efficiency-standards-for-heavy-duty-trucks-vans-and-buses/?utm_term=.4dba3ade9c77

http://www.voanews.com/a/united-states-tightens-fuel-standards-trucks/3467707.html

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  07:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here in CA theyve been talking about tightening emissions since they (CARB) implemented the first set of standards. i have an 09 thomas with an pre EPA10 ISC that by their rules i will be required to repower by 2023. by that time i expect it will only have about 300k miles on it. which i suppose should make me feel better than other districts because i put on more miles than average around here. anyway...
am i missing something? how is this a partisan political issue?

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  08:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krmvcs

here in CA theyve been talking about tightening emissions since they (CARB) implemented the first set of standards. i have an 09 thomas with an pre EPA10 ISC that by their rules i will be required to repower by 2023. by that time i expect it will only have about 300k miles on it. which i suppose should make me feel better than other districts because i put on more miles than average around here. anyway...
am i missing something? how is this a partisan political issue?

So, you think that either party will run with these standards? Just asking your opinion because I know what my opinion is.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  07:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont think it matters. as far as i know most if not all emission standards have started in california and made their way across the rest of the lower 48. and its not like CA hasnt had any republican governors since 1974. everyone likes clear air to breathe.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  05:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i dont think it matters. as far as i know most if not all emission standards have started in california and made their way across the rest of the lower 48. and its not like CA hasnt had any republican governors since 1974. everyone likes clear air to breathe.

Your last statement is true. However, how do you achieve it? I could go into a long political discussion and get it removed by someone for being off subject and abrasive, but I won't (I think we need to have these discussions everywhere to save our country). But I digress, how much government strong arming can a nation handle? I think the solution is in the free market. I think cities & states have the authority to govern their citizens in this manner but not the feds. I believe the original idea was to keep our government local. Anyway, if cities/ states didn't control their pollution then they would have citizens move out. This would solve two problems. One problem being overcrowding and the other being smog/ pollution. (Possibly a third, which would be less crime because people would be spread out throughout the countryside).
Rant over!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  07:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so do we move this to "general interest" or "just for fun"? :)

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  07:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

so do we move this to "general interest" or "just for fun"? :)

Yeah, that would be the question! It is interesting, isn't it? I will stop while I'm ahead! As you can probably gather, I am pretty passionate about these things. It's just that one of my grandfathers fought in the revolution and I hate to see this country going in the direction I see it going in now. It's almost as if we are spitting on his grave. Thanks for your understanding.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000