DT 466 EGR coolers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  08:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 08 that the EGR was plugging up and setting a code . I pulled the cooler and thought it was leaking . I presurerised it and found no leaks . The tubes are blocked up and we are loosing coolant . What does anyone do with these when plugged up . Replace ? Hot tank ?

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  11:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have been replacing them, using either the Bullet proof or the ones Diesel injection sells made by Bostech.. both have the large tubes in them looks like they would be less apt to plug up compared to the oem's with radiator style inside... Hopefully be less likely to leak too!!

Edited by - slippert on 07/15/2016 11:14:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  11:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i been replacing them with the ones from bullet proof diesel never have an issue with them again ones i put them on
Go to Top of Page

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  11:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been cleaning them. Dodge dealers sell an egr cleaning fluid. 1 part cleaner 4 parts boiling water. 2 bottles per cooler. Soak, swish, blow and repeat. Takes about 4 hours to clean a cooler. I clean them in a Rubbermaid tub. Saves parts $ but eats time.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  1:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flint1

I've been cleaning them. Dodge dealers sell an egr cleaning fluid. 1 part cleaner 4 parts boiling water. 2 bottles per cooler. Soak, swish, blow and repeat. Takes about 4 hours to clean a cooler. I clean them in a Rubbermaid tub. Saves parts $ but eats time.

sounds like a fun an effective way to test the character of a new employee.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  2:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krmvcs

quote:
Originally posted by flint1

sounds like a fun an effective way to test the character of a new employee.

Lol...one of my first jobs when I started at this job was to do a kingpin on an 87' Ford Dump Truck....tons of fun! :smh:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000