Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2007 ce no communication with any modules
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  05:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2007 ce with egr dt466. Runs fine. Defaults to 3rd gear I believe. Wont connect with service maxx, Allison, meritor, or diamond logic.
All fuses and harness checked ok. Both terminating resistors are 120 ohms when taken off. Have 60 ohms at all modules. All powers and grounds good and load tested at all modules. Only signs/symptoms are trans temp light on and check electrical light on. Starts and runs great just no power due to being in limp home from trans.any ideas?

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  04:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tcm if you have a sister bus swap tcms. weve had some problems with that. good luck
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  11:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since you have not communications and you checked the J1939 circuit and the ohm readings are right, that all sounds good. What stands out it the "Check electrical" light. Check your fuses in the battery box and all the connections along that particular wiring harness to the relays it feeds. It should provide power to the ECM, TCM, and IDM relays. Those are the relays right above the engine on the fire wall..

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  04:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I found it. the TCM power feed was giving 12 volts but I load tested the wiring and the voltage drop was pretty significant. Someone had probed this wire before and it corroded inside the insulation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000