Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Help with 2002 DT466 code 525
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marvelouzone

7 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2016 :  7:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit marvelouzone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I have a 2002 international 4300 DT466. Just purchased a few weeks ago, when purchased I suspected a few bad injectors, had 357,XXX on dash, had a miss, hard start w/knock when cold... Had injectors tested 5 out of six where bad.. So i replaced injectors with rebuilt/reman ones. Changed oil, oil filter, and fuel filter

After bleeding fuel system, truck started right up cold, but I noticed it still had a miss, upon trying to drive it, it lacked a lot of power very bad. At this point I didn't have a scanner to scan for codes.. truck continued to start for days, just no power, ordered scanner(nexiq) used servicemaxx to get codes, got dtc 525.. upon reading I noticed that rarely is the idm itself the issue, but normally a wiring/clean power issue.. I checked all the known issues, and noticed that all connectors and fuse holders had been changed or removed all together.. I did find bad battery in the process, and replaced. I have not been able to locate ecm relay. Is it in the fuse box? cec relay?

With KOEO standard test passes, injector test brings up dtc525, if I run that same test with injector harness unplugged at valve cover I get 513 and 514 as expected, but no 525. So my question is should I be looking at injector side of harness for problem, or is it still probably a power issue? When truck was starting I was able to verify that all 6 injectors were firing.. just wondering what I really should focus on? is it possible that IDM was really dying causing my misfire in the first place, and now its really dead and does need to be replaced?

my idm is integrated with em, if it is bad do they sell bottom boards for these models as well?

Edited by - marvelouzone on 07/03/2016 7:23:54 PM

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  11:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try the MAP sensor located on the valve cover/intake manifold. It cured my low power issue on my exact DT466.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  05:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, a bad air intake sensor, (IAT) or manifold air temperature sensor (MAT) can cause a low power issue, although I'm not sure if a 2002 would have that on it or not.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  10:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you check the wiring for the injectors when you had them out? I had a pinched wire once, inside the valve cover that caused a 525 and a miss.

perhaps during reinstall?
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2016 :  12:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddo

Did you check the wiring for the injectors when you had them out? I had a pinched wire once, inside the valve cover that caused a 525 and a miss.

perhaps during reinstall?

Been there, done that.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2016 :  06:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the idm and ecm power relays are zip tied to the harness that comes up near the steering shaft I have had a few enclosed inside the loom as well they should have purple wires to them as well

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000