Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Torque sticks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2016 :  06:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone here use torque sticks for their wheels? We have a set and I use them and will typically check torque afterwards with a torque wrench. One gripe I have is on our older Internationals, they have the double lug nuts and one side is left hand thread. We have broke our 13/16 square torque stick on these already. What I don't like is that those torque sticks are used in both directions. I have always been told to not use torque sticks for wheel removal, but I can't actually find any information as to why. Can anyone shed some light on this?? Thanks!!

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2016 :  08:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not an authority on this but anytime you go back and forth with any metal it will break. Think about bending a wire back and forth to break it. (I grew up on a farm, building fence sometimes, so maybe I'm in the minority knowing about wire, lol) Maybe you should buy two of them and use one for one direction and one for the other.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2016 :  08:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's pretty much what I was thinking as far as the breaking of them goes and why they should only be used in one direction. As far as buying a second set, that's a great idea!! Unfortunately I'm not the decision maker around here and I don't know how far that would get. Thanks for the input!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000