Allison headache :-(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2016 :  2:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2004 IC RE with a dt466 with egr and either a 2000 0r 3000 series . A few weeks ago the transmission showed an 8 on the shifter panel . Pulled cables and it cleared and were on our way .Last week the driver came in and said when he would turn sharp corners or bumpy roads the the indicator would flash the 5 would go out or clear to 0 and disengage the transmission .Then if he shifted to neutral and back to drive it would work . I checked wiring and couldn't find anything wrong .Take it for a test drive works fine . Check for codes and it would show 35-00 code . Temporary power loss . I read an article this code happens every-time the bus is shut down and restarted ? Now tonight I took it out and I turned the corner and the display showed 0 with a * in the middle and the mode light was on and lost momentum . Further down the road the number 5 started flashing and bus wouldn't move .Hit neutral and back to 5 and she went . Now this is a electronic panel with buttons .Any ideas ?

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2016 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
besides checking b+ to the TCM and connectors/wiring etc, check out the VIM. ive seen a similar issues and found the relays inside either weak or having loose connections. couldnt tell you where it is on your bus though.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2016 :  01:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good place to look is the wiring harness's that come off the TCM. IC is famous for wrapping all the wires in corrugated poly loom then zip-tieing it to the transmission and frame. We had issues with a 05 RE with DT-466 and 3060 trans. When I took the wire loom apart and unwrapped the wires there was lots of dirt and moisture in the loom. Where the wires were secured with zip ties on top of the transmission it wore off the insulation on dozens of wires. Bare wires and some were partly broken and lots of corrosion (resistance). We found this issue in the wire looms on both side of the transmission. After replacing all the bad wires we secured the wires to the Frame and not the transmission. When the transmission rocks back and fourth the poly loom is like a piece of sand paper rubbing on the wires. Long story short. Check all the wiring in the looms above and on both sides of the transmission. Remember the TCM will get an ignition signal from the front of the bus turning on the TCM. So power issues can be caused by this and many other issues. There is lots of wires in the loom that also go to the Engine. Good luck.

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000