Cross arm won't come out or go in
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2016 :  4:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I have a 2017 IC bus Ce300 conventional with electric system . The motor burnt out so I got another motor and installed that . Now the cross arm won't come out . If I move it manually a little bit it will extend out .Then when it goes in it won't stop working . If I try to extend it again . It will try to come out hit the switch and retract . Back and forth with little movement . So I figured thats what happened to the first motor . Any ideas It's a specailty unit I think a 7 series

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2016 :  09:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always had good luck finding tech info from SMI's website. Check out http://www.safefleet.net/busandrail/ and scroll to the bottom and look for tech documents.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2016 :  10:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cam switches on the the stop arm out of adjustment?

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  08:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does this box have the micro switches or does it use the Hall effect switches? If it's the older microswitches, you likely have a bad switch or worn parts that are letting it go past the cam and do what I call "spaz out".

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2016 :  4:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's a hall switch .I went to specialty website and found my unit . Set it up like they say .Turned it on arm came out .Went in but went to far . Stopped wouldn't come back out just jammed up with going back and forth .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000