Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 End of the year
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2016 :  2:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As the end of the year approaches for many of us, I'd just like to take a moment to say thanks to everyone on here for asking questions and providing answers. This forum is a great tool and I am proud to be a part of it. Have a safe and wonderful summer!!!

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  04:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also have benefited from this forum, thanks to all who gave vital information. I've learned quite a lot here. Who here gets the Summer off? We work year round, Summer school starts next week for us.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  05:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Year round here as well. We don't start summer school for about 3 weeks or so.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  06:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Summer's our busiest time. Over 800 buses to touch in two months......
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  07:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this forum (the collective knowledge of all of us on it) has been an invaluable resource. heres to a busy summer that may have room for a vacation in it!

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  07:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for all the help summer is almost her but we work all year round ass bigpapa said its seem busier in the summer time
Go to Top of Page

raytobe
Advanced Member

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  3:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit raytobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm on this forum everyday as a lurker and I appreciate the info you guys provide.
Go to Top of Page

darpen5

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2016 :  04:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes thanks to all I have leaned alot also

Darrell R Holland
Go to Top of Page

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2016 :  06:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, too, read this forum everyday and appreciate everyone's insight, opinion and experience. Learning from you guys makes me a better director; keep up the great work and stay safe!
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  12:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Summertime is where we get to catch up on repairs, maintenance and tons of seat work and of course Vacation time. Looking forward to all the posts from those who also spend the summer turning the wrenches.

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  11:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have state inspections, brake jobs and all kinds of other stuff. I spend most my time answering questions people ask like, "i guess you don't have much to do since it's summer," or "do you still work over the summer?" I'm usually covered in sweat and grease when they ask me that.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  12:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We're much the same as BB1, except we are in a shop 3 miles from the bus lot. Demolition started Fri. morning finally. I feel somewhat useless here now that we have no Navistar units and are all Freightliner, different bus different set of problems. Hope all has a peaceful ( no radios) summer!
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  04:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Summer is our time to catch up on the "heavy" work, floors, oil leaks, ect. 60 buses and me and a helper. Oh and we have training. 1 week of school bus inspectors class, 3 days of bluebird.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  07:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
summer is go time here as well 2 months 44 big yellow limos all need some work to get them ready to roll thanks for all the great tech info as well

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  06:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I concur! This is a great place with great people. Thanks to all who participate! I hope this platform will continue to improve as well. Time will tell.

I am here all summer as well and get those questions about what I do all summer. This is my 23rd summer so I just laugh and either say "twiddle my thumbs and draw my money" or "you would probably be surprised". I get some strange looks on the first one. After over 20 years of those questions, it just gets old that they think we just drop everything when the kids leave. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  07:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, summer is busiest time of year for repairs here , and also trying to schedule some vacation time... Great forum, Thanks to all that participate! I pickup some knowledge daily...
Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2016 :  05:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great forum with great guys i have learned a lot here! I'm new to the bus world first year in so i'm sure i will be visiting the site all summer long as we get into high gear on some major repair
Go to Top of Page

dferrell

102 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2016 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed. I haven't posted a lot on this forum but thanks to all who participate in this forum. It is nice to have a connection to other mechanics (specifically school bus mechanics). Working for school districts with busses and public transportation presents challenges that are unique to our industry. This is a good place to see how others deal with the same issues.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  7:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed! It's nice to have a place to bounce ideas off others in the same industry. Most wiring diagrams are worthless from the factory, they've been getting better, and most troubleshooting sections in the repair manuals are vague at best. I know I've benefited from this site as well, so thanks to everyone here! Hope everyone enjoys their busy summers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000