1991 BB workhorse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  03:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for this beast. Some one in the past has wired a start button in it because it won't start with the key switch. Problem is it will start in any gear.
I don't even know where to start because so much is by passed.

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  05:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have one of these but can't find any wiring diagrams yet. If I find them I will let you know.
ED
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  08:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Ron, Do you still have this bus? Have you ever timed it? I can't find the wire to disconnect to set initial ignition timing.
ED
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  08:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eshover

Hey Ron, Do you still have this bus? Have you ever timed it? I can't find the wire to disconnect to set initial ignition timing.
ED

Yes I still have it and after I replaced the neutral start/reverse switch on the transmission I was able to isolate the problem to a relay. I replaced the relay and wired everything back up the way it's suppose to be and it's fine.
The only problem I can think it has was the neutral start relay was bad so some genius decided to bypass the neutral start and install a push button start in it.
No that person no longer works here.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  11:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to know. But, I was asking if you have ever used the timing marks to time the ignition. I had the distributor out and need to time it with the light. I can't find the brown wire to disconnect to time it. Mine has a 350 TBI engine.
ED

BTW, I thought we were the only one in the world with one of these.
What state are you in?
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  11:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are diesel engines. I'm in Bryan county, Richmond Hill, Ga.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  11:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW Diesel! Thanks anyway.
If anyone else has one of these in a 350 gas and has timed one please respond.
ED
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  1:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a while, but I think it is a single lead, weather pack connector brown wire If i remember right, very close to the distributor.
At the same time though LOL, I am thinking inside the bus, under the dash on the right side? Same idea, brown wire, single weather pack connector.
This will keep me awake.
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  2:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've stood on my head and looked under the dash on both sides, near the front left side of engine and near the distributor with NO luck.
Thanks for the info though.
ED
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  06:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I would follow the harness from the distributor, and look for a single wire connector taped to it?
they were usually in a fairly convenient location.
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2017 :  06:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After talking to some more people I found out you have to have a code reader, diagnostic tool to time this year engine. It doesn't have the wire to disconnect to time it.
ED
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2017 :  06:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting, Thanks for the update.
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  10:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes you do. My dad had a 350, any snap on or similar tech 2 should be able to do it.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000