New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2016 :  06:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this international that cranks and wont start it has an icp code but the icp biulds pressure while cranking up to 300 the ipr shows zero if the ipr shows zero that would mean its not building pressure from the pump am i wrong in that thinking but if that is correct then the icp should be zero as well if the pump is not building pressure ????? or am i total of base here the code is 2335 i dont have anything to check the oil pressure at the pump i have read on here u guys use a porta power what adapters are u using and does the porta power have a guage i have a porta power ut there is no gauge on it

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 01/28/2016 06:28:07 AM

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2016 :  06:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What are you using for your diagnostics ? If it is service maxx that will show you your pressures while cranking . The 2335 tells me you have a newer bus . I would have to look at work and see what it says I bought a high pressure gauge from napa and some fittings .Then I put this gauge on the HPOP and tested my HPOP that way . I have had some of the issues you are having . What engine are you working on ?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2016 :  08:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was using jpro but i have service maxx to i am going to recheck with service max in a few its a 2010 ce dt466 i will have to see if i can find a gauge that goes that high where do u get the fittings to connect to porta power when checkin for leaks under valve cover
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2016 :  09:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went a hydraulic parts place . I took the hose off and said I needed gauge up too 5000 psi and fittings for the hose so I could hook it back up .Then crank engine to see if I had the minimum psi
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2016 :  09:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.hotshotsecret.com/diagnose/diagnose-international-semi/international-semi-diagnostic-trouble-codes-dtc/international-diagnostic-trouble-code-2335-2242/

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  05:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i went to start bus this morning and it fired right up so i brought it in shop but service maxx on it fired it up again an icp and ipr where building pressure as icranked and of course it start up four or five times in a row i tried one more time and it would not start but it still had icp building pressure and ipr but no start now it wont start anymore but the 2335 code came back but i see it building pressure uggg i just tried again and it fired right up

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 01/29/2016 05:02:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  05:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did notice that when it doesnt start the desired icp pressure is about 920 and it only builds to 400 would it be a bad sensor or bad pump i find it wierd it starts some times if it where a bad pump u would think it would never start
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  12:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My first instinct is the IPR is bad. If you can get a gauge and fittings to go on the output of the Hpop that would be the quickest test. if it hits 4000 PSI consistently then the pump and IPR are good.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  12:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found this nice gauge on line but it hooks up to the icp port but its a nice gauge it comes with an electrical connector to oporate the ipr looks like a nice piece so i ordered it will see when i get it so will have to wait til then but id the icp only builds to 400 on cranking that could mean a bad ipr ? i mean if i am getting 400 psi the pump has to be doing something i would think
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  04:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when its cranking and not starting disconnect icp sensor should b second to the last connector towards back of engine . if it starts you may have an icp sensor problem.
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  1:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While you are waiting for the gauge you can remove the IPR and check the o-rings. If any of the sealing rings are cracked or the screen on the end it damaged it should be replaced.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  3:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would that connector be on the outside of valve cover or do u mean disconnect it with valve cover removed and I will remove the ipr and check o rings been so busy haven't had a chance to get back to that bus thanks for the help guys
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  2:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok I finally got to check my oil pressure at the icp today and it went to just under 1000psi on cranking so I am gonna say the pump is good an figured it has to be an icp problem I put a new one on and I turned key on and the icp reading was jumping for 10psi to ero without crankin just with key on if I am mistakein when the sensor is bad they tend to do that o and it wont start ugggg can it be a bad new sensor
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  05:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now when i crank it it goes to about 1000 psi but when i stop it goes right to zerois that correct? also now it died an wont start icp shows 23psi i took off the ipr and oil just dripples out it shoud blast out is that correct has anyone sen a hpop intermittently put out no pressure? i put ipr back on i dont have a guy to check psi at the pump but i got crazy and to hose at pump off and cranked it an it flowed out almost like regular oil pressure or if u cracked open ur kitchen faucet it has to be a bad pump right ? the thing thats stoppin me from pullin the trigger is sometimes it starts right up

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 02/08/2016 08:44:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  11:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Without seeing it i cant say for 100% certain but it sounds like an hpop to me. If the oil volume is that little.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  12:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i put a new pump in his thing and it still would not start but the icp reads 1300 while cranking if i give it half throttle while cranking it eventually will start and run fine but it takes a few times i thought i might be air but when i got it running i let it run fortwenty minutes shut it down and no restart unless i feathered the throttle
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  2:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you looked at the injector pucks and or the high pressure oil manifold o-ring? If they are leaking off it will give a hard to start issue.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thimkin that today I have read on here that the pucks are none to fall never had an oil manifold of one of these the pucks I assume are right over each injectore where is the high pressure oil manifoild oring and would I just put air in the manifold an listen for leaks or is there a different way to check them. also the bust starts when its cold it is hard to start it but it does once it warms up and I shut it down it wont refire the icp unable to build code comes back once it sits for a while I can get it started but its tuff and the icp reads 450 500 then all of a sudden boom 900 and it start when its hot icp never goes over 450 500

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 02/08/2016 2:35:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  3:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A leak of that size is easy to find with the valve cover off. Remove valve cover, unplug all 6 injectors and crank it over. The oil will pour out between the manifold and the injectors if there is a problem. A slight dribble seems normal from what I've seen. I usually try Pucks, reassemble and crank over, if it still leaks the injector itself is leaking. I don't like the shop air to the head method. Shop air is very dirty. Use a couple of guide studs and lube the puck orings (I use trans assembly lube) and very gently install the manifold to avoid damaging the new o rings.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2016 :  04:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys thanks that is my gold today gettingto the pucks and see what they look like
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2016 :  11:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
finally was able to get workin on the bus i took valve cover offf cranked engine and a steady flow of oil flowed down every injector so i am assume the pucks are shot gonna order them up
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  09:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone have a part number or a website that sells the tool to remove the pucks???
Go to Top of Page

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  09:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to a hydraulic supply store. Bought a sae hose cap, I think it was either 5/8" or 1/2 npt with a diameter of 1 1/16". 3$. I couldn't post a pic. Email me if you wish.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  09:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
need your email dont see it on your profile
Go to Top of Page

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  11:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its in there. try this
https://www.grainger.com/product/EATON-AEROQUIP-ORS-WP5788934/_/N-c70Z1z0etsi?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/38YM90_AS01?$smthumb$

aeroquip part #FF9863-06S

head down to your hose supply store..... take a puck with you...
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  11:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

finally was able to get workin on the bus i took valve cover offf cranked engine and a steady flow of oil flowed down every injector so i am assume the pucks are shot gonna order them up

Don't forget to replace the o-ring to the manifold, I made that mistake once and had to do it all over again. It's difficult to see due to the oil draining out of the manifold when you're removing it.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  2:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks flint what I ended up doing was using a one in lug nut grinded the threads out of it and it worked rather well I did order the tool fo IC it was only 15 bucks but I will have it for next time. And joe I did get that oring it was hard to see when the oil drained out of it like u said but I did no it was there thanks guys
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  06:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys this one is really killin me i put new pucks new manifold oring new hpop new icp still will not start unless i feather the throttle the icp only builds to about 400 psi while cranking and i sometimes now get an icp code for unable to build pressure during cranking once it starts it runs fine icp pressure is good it does start a little easier then before before i could rarely get it stated no it fires with a little throotle help any ideas this one is driven me nuts
Go to Top of Page

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  06:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What year is this bus? Maxxforce or dt with egr only? After reinstalling manifold did you crank to.see if the leak was differant? My last one had an injector leaking down oil, after cranking oil would drain out and make a squirt/fart noise. Also after installing the manifold engine has to be driven to purge all air. Feathering the throttle is interesting. Usually once icp hits it's min, bang they start. With dt w egr have seen egr valve hang open.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  07:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i should have check the leak before i put valve cover on but didnt will have to recheck now it starts but a loooong crank could it just be air
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  09:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i let it run for bout half hour then took for ride let it sit for a few and it starts right up now tried it a few time and it fires right up guess it was air thanks guys for all your help and patients learned a few leasons on this one thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000