Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2004 DT466E erratic miss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbd10057

2 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  1:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a miss which occurs after the engine is warm, it is not steady but a hit and miss type, Changed injector o rings and harness assb. last year and have a new return fuel pressure check valve installed. It seems to occur when the air compressor is charging the system. I don't see how this would have an effect on the missing. Any ideas

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  2:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive seen a similar problem with the same engine in gillig transit buses when it pulls up a slight hill. itll feel like a slight hesitation and wont ever set a code. if youve got a scan tool you can check the injector solenoids and listen to them carefully. often with a problem like this youll hear one or more of them sound a bit weaker than the others.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  05:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On an EGR 466, I have had a wire going to #1 injector that had rubbed through and was intermittently shorting to the inside of rocker cover and causing the occasional miss. Most likely to occur if one of the six plastic wire holders is broken or out of place.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 01/20/2016 05:02:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  11:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been fighting an erratic miss for several days now on a '98 466E. FINALLY got a CMP code, replaced the CMP sensor and all seems good now. With no codes showing, I was thinking fuel pressure issue, but wasn't finding anything wrong.

:/
Go to Top of Page

bbd10057

2 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  10:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed the cam sensor and after the relearn the engine ran fine, ending up removing one of the shims from the previous install. will see what happens
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000