Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2007 c7 cat surging probelm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fldawg

15 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2015 :  2:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fldawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys need some help with this, when bus is cold and you put a load on the accelator it surges very bad, the hotter it gets the better it gets. does not do it at wide open throttle. no codes, perform cut out test ok, accuation pressure good, atmostphric pressure sensor within spec. I'm running out of things to check
help!!!!!

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2015 :  6:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Couple things: How cold is cold? How long does it do this for? Your actuation pressure may be good, but if the oil is really cold and thick, the HUEI may be struggling to pump it. When's the last time the fuel filter was changed? Do you run any fuel additives?
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2015 :  04:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Almost all of our 07 Cats have had to have the HUI oil pump and injector kits installed due to the high pressure pump flooding the oil rail with metal shavings from the pump. If you have Cat install the kit they give you a free three year warranty on parts and labor, well worth it as some of ours have had repeat failures.
Go to Top of Page

Fldawg

15 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2015 :  06:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fldawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aaronwilmoth80911

Couple things: How cold is cold? How long does it do this for? Your actuation pressure may be good, but if the oil is really cold and thick, the HUEI may be struggling to pump it. When's the last time the fuel filter was changed? Do you run any fuel additives?

cold is letting it sit in the shop overnite, probably 65-70 degrees
it does it for about 2 miles really bad, and after it quits doing it bad, it goes down to a shutter off and on. fuel filters just have been changed. I feel it is a fuel problem but just can't narrow it down because of no codes, pump pressure good, and injectors check out good, this is a wax code engine if anybody has them they no the problems they can have. thanks for the help in advance
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2015 :  4:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are trying some stuff for our HUEI engines called Hot Shot's Secret Stiction Eliminator. I am not promoting this product in any way, as I have never tried it, but I have heard great things about it. It is supposed to clean out HUEI pump passages and injector passages and get rid of any residue build up in them. It was around $50 for a gallon, but it may be worth a shot to try something like this in your engine. It really sounds to me like the HUEI system is struggling. Just some food for thought.
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2015 :  05:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you have Cat ET go into the main page and look at lactive codes, logged codes, and logged events. Logged events shows problems in mechanical systems. Sometimes injection control pressure or circuit codes will precede pump failure causing injector problems. You can also remove the top of the HUIE pump to look for metal shavings.
Go to Top of Page

Fldawg

15 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  11:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fldawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok folks, after deciding to replace all the injectors in this engine
got everything back together cranked it, still surges, but I have a new code #2-11 cyl. #2 injector current fault 72
replaced all injectors and harness, anybody have this problem. I know these injectors are crap in the wax engine vin numbers, could I have gotten a bad injector, they were remans. any help is appreciated
Go to Top of Page

Fldawg

15 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2015 :  07:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fldawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To those of you that might have this problem in the future, my code problem was a bad new reman injector after replacing it, I decicded to replace the heui pump, fixed the problem and now I can enjoy my 2 week Christmas vacation. thanks to those who gave me some ideas.
Merry Chirstmas and happy new years to all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000