Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2015 Bluebird Vison
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2015 :  08:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone with a 2015 BB Vision with Hydraulic brakes have any drivers complaining of a "quiet" alarm coming from the dash board with the information display stating "brake contact"?
I have contacted my dealer, but have to wait until the service manager gets back from vacation.
There is nothing in either the drivers manual or service manual that has that warning.
Thanks in advance,
earl1412
EDIT update: the info center actually says: MISSING BRAKE INPUT, along with a soft alarm tone.

Edited by - earl1412 on 11/05/2015 06:14:54 AM

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  09:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have this message on our 2016 BB visions with Air brakes. The result is the driver isn't pushing hard enough on the brake pedal while changing gears.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  1:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RonF

We have this message on our 2016 BB visions with Air brakes. The result is the driver isn't pushing hard enough on the brake pedal while changing gears.

Thank you RonF, I have 2016 Air Brake birds also, but if the driver doesn't push the brake pedal while changing gears, the display reads "Range Inhibit" and won't allow transmission to shift out of neutral. I'll ask the driver to make a concerted effort to apply the brakes, but I know what the response will be!
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  05:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel your pain. I have an excellent group of drivers that don't give me that grief anymore. It's like it's your fault, isn't it? lol

I have a 2015 & 2016 hyd brake units but have never had these problems. Sorry

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000