Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 C2 hood bracket pulled out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  09:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had this issue with several of our C2 buses. Mostly 2012 models. Right front cross over mirror bracket nuts pull through the hood. Has anyone else had this issue?

Edited by - RBrian on 09/30/2015 10:04:08 AM

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  10:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to the picture. See if this works:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7T7BbmYoJidZzgwN3FCSUNfVDA/view?usp=sharing
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  11:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are your buses parked close together? Are the drivers mindful of the tail swing?

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  12:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have had a few but my drivers run into everything had one hit the wall with a lift bus and keep going the other day....
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  3:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ve seen this many times on my 2011-2012 model year C2’s that we’ve bought used. Mine are almost always on the door side and it’s usually the outboard side right above the directional. My other issue is with the smaller two arms snapping at the top or bottom clamp. I’ve found that lowering the arms down a bit when the bus is new helps cut down on the stress at these mounting points preventing this damage. As odd as it sounds, when we have parking lot mishaps these mounts never break, but they do twist the hell out of the arms and smash the mirror heads. Anyways, I order the retrofit kit Thomas/Rosco RPS KIT2012 and use the mounting hardware to fix damage and keep the arms for spare parts. Here’s an example of a repaired corner and the original undamaged mount. Let me know if you want the PSB from Thomas detailing the repair.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/mirror-mount_zpsivtcl4mu.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

ICBUS07-30

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  5:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's funny you have this problem too because our dealer says we are the only ones having this problem and they say they have never seen it happen. 6 out of the 8 of our 2012 have done this no matter what side.

Formally ICBUS0730
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  04:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same problem with our one and only 2012 C2. We made a plate to put over the fender and just yesterday the one of the arms at the top broke.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  06:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea so far it is just the 2012's. Some of the 2013's have small stress cracks but none have pulled thru. I'm fairly confident the drivers are not making this happen. There are no markings on the brackets indicating that it came in contact with something and they tell me that they do not use the bracket to open or close the hood.
Dealer says they have not had any other reports of this so it is just another isolated issue that only we have.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  06:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am fairly certain the response of No other reports or it is an isolated issue.... never heard of that before and your the only one having problem, ect,ect,ect.... is common for all Dealers/manufacturers,,,lmao there must be corporate seminars avalible that specialize in teaching the art of denial and is a requirement for all managers and sales personel in the industry,,

I have and I am sure most all of us have heard same things from all 3 bus manufacturers.. report and complain is all you can do until enough people complain about same problem for them to admit it. If it's a definite saftey issue, then report it to NTSB for investigation... then they have do fix issue..
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  10:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There is a new service solution for this problem. SS469142TBB, right now the parts are only available from the dealer that started the solution. Their phone# is 1-800-331-8942 ask for parts and reference the SS#
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  10:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, we have had the same issues. There is a repair kit available we have used them and had better results than the original mounting. Tigger2 has your problem in hand.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2015 :  09:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tigger2

There is a new service solution for this problem. SS469142TBB, right now the parts are only available from the dealer that started the solution. Their phone# is 1-800-331-8942 ask for parts and reference the SS#

I contacted this dealer and they sent me the repair procedure. Looks like a good fix. Thanks Tigger.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000