Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Battery campain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  07:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have close to 200 buses. were fixing to buy a bettery charger that charges 6 batteries at once. before we spend money on this . I wanted yalls input. do any of yall have a battery campaign that's working for you guys. were trying to reduce the number of good batteries that get tossed and lower cost of new batteries. so I would greatly appreciate anyone who has a campaign plz let me know thank you!!!!

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  11:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We load test ours at every annual inspection. Most the time, if there is a date sticker on them still, if they are questionable when we test them, they get replaced.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  2:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We load test ours at every PM, replace all of them if one test bad. Summers are a killer for us as not all the buses are used and just sit there. We have a fleet of 125 buses and 4 battery chargers, we charge ours on the bus. Our buses are under sheds with outlets at every post which makes it nice to take the charger out to the bus and charge it.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  04:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Summer is our big battery issue here in Southeast Georgia, however good battery maintenance is really the key to battery long life. keep them clean!!!

I switched from the NAPA batteries 7136 950 or 1000 cca,our price 118+ to F31S-800 batteries from fleetpride that costs 66+ and has 840 cca. Here in the south we don't need the 1000 cca's. The switch has worked well so far.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2015 :  8:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thx to all that chimed in. Please keep the ideas coming thx
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  05:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Keep the water levels checked in them. Do not load test one without checking the levels in the cells.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000