Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Maxxforce DT woes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2015 :  3:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had an issue with Maxxforce DT hard start/no start when hot. Replaced injector pucks, ICP and BCP sensor. Starts fine, seems low on power now. Rechecked valve adjustment and engine brake valve adjustment. Still seems low on power. Fails the standard test for KOER says unable to build EBP during test. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  03:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What year?
I'd take a close look at the EGR system.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  04:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having same issue, did you make sure to replace the inlet O-ring on the high pressure oil manifold when you replaced the injector pucks? That cured the low power/engine miss problem but did not fix the hot no start. I'm still trying to schedule a HPOP swap with a sister bus. The said bus is still running it's route, we just advised the driver not to shut it off until it's back on the yard. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  08:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had unable to build EBP when EGR coolers are plugged and/or DOC plugged.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  08:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2007 EPA, 2009 engine. I did replace the O ring on the high pressure rail. I did notice that when driving, the high exhaust temp light comes on. ServiceMaxx was reading the DPF at 52%. Try to do a regen maybe and see if that helps?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000