Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Bus Parking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luke@oxbow.org

2 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2015 :  3:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit luke@oxbow.org's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 60ft x 80ft gravel bus pad at our environmental education center. We want to increase the size of the pad to accommodate 4, 40ft long school buses. They will drive strait in then back up 90 degrees and park parallel to each other. Not at an angle. We are finding that 60x80 does not allow 4 buses to do this. How big should our pad be? Can anyone help us? Thanks?!

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  05:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's more of a management question but many here will have a pretty good idea probably. Boy, you would think 80 ft wide would be plenty of room to get 4 buses in . I may be missing something here though. So, couple questions for you; how many buses park on the 60x80? How much room between buses do your drivers want?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

luke@oxbow.org

2 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  10:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit luke@oxbow.org's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply. 4 buses. I read somewhere to figure on 14ft for each bus. It may be that we just need to do a better job directing the drivers! -Luke
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  11:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
which way do they park? facing along the 60 ft or the 80 ft?

I just measured our spots and they are 12 ft wide and 45 ft long. that is plenty of space between the 2 buses and some room left over behind. in our tightest location where you have to be careful pulling up and backing in we have 100 ft. so I think if you increase to 60x100 you will have enough room for 5 buses.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000