New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2010 IC CE200, I've got all amber 8-way light but only front red 8-way lights. Any ideas?

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  11:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming bulbs are good, check wiring connector behind covering above rear passenger seat on drivers side.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  11:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll do that. I'm in a self made contest here. I'm trying to see who is quicker, the bunch on here or my dealer. Haven't had anyone call me back from dealer yet. lol
Thanks!!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Light monitor equipped? That can ruin your day.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  12:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Big ol' LOL!! This is a first for me. Both, let me repeat, both bulbs were out! Thanks Fastback!! I am used to dealing with incandescent bulbs where we don't have that problem. So, I will be more careful next time. Thanks again! And, yes, we did beat the dealer. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  1:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been there. Doesn't make good sense to me why they die at the exact same time, but they do.
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2015 :  4:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The resistance changes in the circuit. The filaments have the same on off on off cycles. Once that load on that circuit changes it lets more electrons travel over the one good filament.

Some of those headlamps on the cars did the same thing when they first came out. Had the same thing happen on my personal truck and all I use now is LEDs.

At least that looks good on paper. My theory.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2015 :  05:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny, BJ. I'm young enough to have another 20 years in the business. However, if these buses keep getting worse to maintain instead of easier I may be looking for something else to do. Something as simple as a light bulb doesn't have to be hard. All these companies had problems years ago but there was one thing that was rock solid and that was the old sealed beam bulb. Why oh why do they insist on changing what works? Another item that "used" to work was windows. But that's another thread. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2015 :  06:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never assume :)

quote:
Originally posted by Fastback

Assuming bulbs are good, check wiring connector behind covering above rear passenger seat on drivers side.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000