2006 Safe T Liner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  09:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2006 Safe T liner VIN 4UZAAXCS78CX74503 need a wiring diagram or a link to it. We did have account with Thomas but it got bumfuzzeled when they installed a new network here.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  12:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Contact your Thomas dealer and they can reactivate your account. Remember they go inactive after 6 months without activity.
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  12:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, that must be the problem, thanks tigger2. Just got off the phone with our dealership.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  2:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might also have to adjust a few Internet Explorer settings to add thomasbusonline as a “Trusted Site” otherwise even with an active account and valid password you’ll won’t make it past the front door!

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  07:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They just installed a new network here, so far, so good on most sites.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  09:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok finally got the wiring diagrams I needed. This is a 2006 Thomas platform with a Ricon lift that trips circuit breaker once the engine throttles up so I know I have a load over 20 amps but it takes 10 seconds or so to trip the breaker. The ricon lift seems to be working ok, it just needs power. There are three relays that are activated to make the lift work. There is a switch to ground on the right side of the lift (standing inside the bus) this is like the common rear door switch. This switch only goes to ground. I did find a pinched wire there and cleared that problem.

In the process of working on this bus, I have found that it will throttle the engine up IN DRIVE GEAR. This is not safe nor is it going to leave here with this defect.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4545 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  12:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good catch on the engine revving up in gear! That's a serious accident/injury/death waiting to happen.
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  6:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Came back to let you know what I found.I found the door switch wire had been worked on before by somebody, I'll call him Jackleg. The wiring going from the door switch on the right hand side of the door is where the problem was. After the on and off again process most of us go through around this time of year, it was about to make me pull my grey out. Guess I would be bald then.

I took pictures but they are not very good pictures of the area where the short to ground was.
Thomasbus24, I have this thing working in neutral only now, thanks for the compliment.

Did we ever get ability to submit picture files to this site?

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000