Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Texas SCHOOL BUS lettering on the body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SantaFe3751

2 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2015 :  4:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit SantaFe3751's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why does Texas school buses have the words SCHOOL BUS lettering on both sides of the body. when did they start requiring it and for what reason.

kevin1336

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2015 :  12:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How else are you going to know that big yellow thing is a school bus. Its been required since at least 1985.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2015 :  11:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm in Colorado and just saw a Texas school bus here this weekend. I couldn't figure out why it didn't say "Stop on Flashing Red" on the back door. Then I noticed it had Texas plates and said School Bus on the side.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2015 :  11:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm in Texas and all our buses have a back door sticker that says "State law STOP when loading and unloading".
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  06:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, we don't have the "stop, state law" on the back but neighboring Missouri does. I could never figure that out, you have a great big yellow thing in front of you and there are red lights flashing and a sign that says STOP. lol, I guess that is just a suggestion if you don't say it's the state law. Funny!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  2:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Bryan you know...............big and yellow don't mean anything to people, and neither does a red flashing stop sign. You can put all the "State Law" decals you want and people are still gonna pass the bus as kids are loading and unloading. There are a lot of crazy drivers on the road. It amazes me when people stop for the yellow flashing lights and run your red lights.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2015 :  03:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah they stop all day long at a raliroad crossing for you but not while your loading or unloading.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2015 :  05:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RonF

Yeah they stop all day long at a raliroad crossing for you but not while your loading or unloading.

Yeah, that happens here too. We live in an interesting time.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2015 :  08:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a good laugh in the summer when I'm driving through the county seat in my pickup truck and I encounter the white IC CE with purple lettering "PETERMANN" on the sides and roof caps, no warning lights, did I mention it's painted WHITE? Anyways, the 4-ways come on to pick up an adult standing on the corner to take them to the special needs day program, and traffic in all directions comes screeching to a half.

But if I drove one of my yellow school buses and did the same thing with the warning lights, at least 6 cars would blast right by.
Go to Top of Page

kevin1336

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2015 :  11:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "State law STOP when loading and unloading" is a Texas State Law but the signage does not have to be posted on the Bus. Its up to the district if they want that on the back. Same with the Stops at RR s.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000