Which grease to use ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  08:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For years I have used a grease put out by Texas refinery . Always had great luck with it . When I moved to my new job they used an okay grease that was red . I felt it got beat out and washed out during use. So I switched to a blue grease that was the best from Napa . I was told this was designed for high shock and water . I go by feel and tackiness . I liked it . Yesterday my boss told me her husband was told to use white grease for the s cams and slack adjusters . He is a truck driver . I was asked if I knew this and I answered no .I felt the white grease doesn't hold up . She mentioned with the brand new truck that when he fist greased it white grease came out . The person said white grease doesn't get hard and cake the brake system parts like anyone else's grease . What do you use and should I switch

Edited by - valleybusman on 06/06/2015 08:35:57 AM

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  11:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use Chevron Delo EP grease. Everyone 1000 miles and we haven't really had any problems with it.

One of our former mechanics thought it was a good idea to use the moly grease...he was lazy and thought it would give him an excuse to not do as many lube jobs. Needless to say it was EVERYWHERE, on the floors, creepers, air hoses, tools, our uniforms...

I think as long as you are doing frequent lube jobs you are good with regular Napa grease.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  3:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mobil CM-S works well for our fleet.
Go to Top of Page

mysterytrain

34 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  5:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit mysterytrain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i use mobil1 synthetic on industrial applications, high horse electric motors and valvoline crimson red on the buses. they used to use cheap cenex i think 365 grease and we went through u-joints left on right, switched to cenex maxtron synthetic and the problem went away, using valvoline now because it is a little cheaper.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000