Another code and another mystery for me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  4:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have this little IC lift bus . The low profile ones with the V8 diesel engine . Today the driver put the bus in p unloaded students . Went to leave and the hydraulic parking brake would not release . .I hooked up my service pro and got a 222 code . I think this means I have a bad light switch on the master cylinder .There is a light on the dash that says service park brake . I am new to these brakes . I know that when you step on the brake and put bus in gear brake should release . So I am trying to find out if I am right before going back to the bus . Thanks !!!

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  05:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
assuming its a CE bus with full power brakes check if the master cyl is leaking into the brake switch mounted on the bottom of the master cyl. they have a problem with them leaking and messing up the switch.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  06:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes it is a CE bus sorry about leaving that out . Thanks for the input !!
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  9:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fortunately we only have 2 buses with this brake system in it. We got Wabco ToolBox software and it is fantastic in identifying codes (much better than IC software).. Look into it and good luck.

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  08:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I will look into that 57 Fan . I did get it working and it seemed to be in the travel switch under the mast cylinder . I unplugged it checked for power . First time nothing second time I had power .Plugged it back in and brakes worked . Thanks for the help everyone
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2015 :  11:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if it has wheel chair on it check side lift door switch. found some switches bad. it wont allow parking brake to b released
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000