Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 04 bb tc2000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  06:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
got a 04 tc2000 with a 5.9 isb cummins. she dies out and the only way to restart it is to crack the lines loose at the injectors. seems to be getting air in the system from somewhere and I cant find a leak. the lift pump is less than a year old. and I pulled the injector pump and had it rebuilt. its still doing it. anyone run across this? thanks in advanced.

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  06:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
replaced fuel filters and there are no codes.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  10:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may want to check the anti-drain back valve located in the fuel water separator housing if it has one. It could very well be that the fuel pump is leaking internally into the oil pan.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  1:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok will do. thanks
Go to Top of Page

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  04:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well just an update; although I could not find a thing wrong with the water/fuel separator filter. I replaced the filter(underneath bus)with a one piece filter eliminating the bowl and so far no problems since.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000