Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 drivers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pmorris

36 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  05:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit pmorris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mornin all I have a driver who gets here just in time to drive his route like he got here at 7:08 the bus left at 7:11 must have been a fast pretrip. What do you all do in cases such as this?

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  06:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you the boss? If so, watch their pretrip and call them on it. If not the boss, report it to the boss. A 2 minute pretrip is not good enough. This person could be putting lives in danger.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  06:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Document the **** out of it and give it to hr or supervisor. if that doesn't work make an anomouse call to to dot and make sure there is something to find that can't be dismissed as "it was ok before I left"
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  3:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
happens here all the time, and just gets a laugh from the boss. Driver also has never once swept his bus, has soda all over the place, smokes in the bus when the kids aren't on, over sleeps all the time, takes off at a moments notice, backs into things and never once has anything been done.

Frustrating because I show up to work every day, get 100% on the state inspections year after year, sub drive when i'm sick and boy does the bossman jump me when I park in the wrong spot or forget to tighten a sun visor.

I just keep hope that one day, in a land far far away my good reputation will pay off.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

scoutmom2

17 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  5:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel your pain. My bus has been down all week and I keep getting buses that are dirty, garbage cans full, no fuel, should be down for mechanical issues to use for routes. I end up cleaning/fueling when I should be leaving and running late. We still have drivers not doing pre/post trips and somehow they are still employed.
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  11:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to say we are really lucky in my district. Good drivers who listen. I don't know about everyone else but we are hurting for drivers. So even if one was slacking off, as long as it wasn't a major infraction we would let it slide.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000